The Student News Site of Guilford High School

GHS Gazette

GHS Gazette

GHS Gazette

Polls

What's your favorite Pizza Place in Guilford?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

“Long Live” Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour

“Long Live” Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour

44 songs, 10 acts, 9 eras, 2 surprise songs. 3 hours and 44 minutes of an unforgettable night. Taylor Swift guides all 65,000 swifties back in time through her “Enchanted” yet breathtaking discography all while in the pouring rain showing her true passion for her fans. The clock on the grand screen behind the stage begins to tick down. Shoes begin to drown in water. Ponchos are sticking to “Bejeweled” outfits. Perfectly pampered faces with makeup are now streaming on the sides of cheeks. All of this chaos, yet it didn’t matter in the slightest because of who was awaiting behind the screen. Hearts fill with adrenaline knowing that every tick brought the impatient fans closer to Taylor. 

Then, rising from the depths of the stage comes Swift in “Style” with a radiant demeanor in her glimmering leotard symbolizing her bright touch on the music industry. She raises her microphone to her mouth and belts out the first verse, instantly striking the arena with her “Electric Touch.” The enormous stage that stretches across Gillette Stadium immediately became “Holy Ground” once Swift stepped foot on it, establishing all other events that have occurred there in the past to be miniscule in comparison to the revolutionary show that is about to occur. 

As “rain came pouring down” there were almost no phones in sight causing everyone in attendance to be soulfully connected to not only the music but also each other [Clean (Taylor’s Version), Taylor Swift]. Holding nothing back, Taylor Swift sang each word in every song with the utmost amount of passion proving honest dedication to her fans. While serenading with lyrics overflowing in genius metaphors, she performed. In sixteen different outfits all pertaining to specific eras for the next four hours she turned the rain soaked stage into her dance floor all while never missing a beat. 

Each act returned the audience back in time to when each of those albums were released. Whether Swift was singing “Love Story” to transport her fans back in time to middle school dances or when she sang “Cardigan” taking the crowd a few years back to when they first listened to the album “Folklore” that was released during quarantine. Never in anyone’s “Wildest Dreams” in that stadium did they think they were going to be able to hear these songs live again or ever, yet Taylor Swift made this possible with The Eras Tour.